Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rewards Cards for Smart-Phones

I got this idea from my wife's iPhone. There is an "app" for the iPhone that will let you enter your Rewards Card barcodes into the phone and then the phone stores the barcode. When you need it, you pull up the application and the card you want. The checker can then scan it right from your phone. I haven't found a program that can do this on Windows Mobile yet, but I think I have a work-around. There is a website called Barcoding, Inc. that will allow you to create a barcode from any number/letter combination and save the barcode as a .JPG. I suggest taking your Rewards Cards and recreating the barcode on the card using this website. Then save the file as the name of the place of the Rewards Card. Save these files on you phone and just pull them up when needed. I don't know if it will work, but I think it's worth a try.

No comments: